We lost $1700 in Dec. 07. My first grandson was born 1 month early under extenuating medical circumstances 8 days before we were to leave on a Royal Carribean Cruise. This cruise was to be our first and it was top dollar as it was between Christmas and New Years.

We are Jewish and our religion commands that a boy must be circumcized in a ritual ceremony on his 8th day of life. We had to cancel our cruise.

We paid for trip insurance. All was documented. We were denied.

I contacted CVC after the denial. They apologized but I was told to call the cruise line. I had no satisfaction.

I believe if CVC is as reputable of an agency as it claims they should have offered us compensation as a matter of good faith. I am not asking for a monetary compensation. However, a voucher in the amount of the lost dollars could have shown good business practices.

We were going with friends who are long time users of CVC. They were surprised and upset at CVC's lack of support.

Had an Experience with Cruise Value Center?

Comments

Cruise Value Center sold us insurance through Prime Travel Protection which is a company that has just closed also BECAUSE of illegal unlicensed business.We were denied insurance along with others.

Please go to Elliot.com for more information about these scam artists.IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO TO CONTACT FOR HELP ON THE ISSUES OF PRIME TRAVEL INSURANCE - PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.

When CVC offers travel insurance under the false pretenses that it would cover you if you can't take the trip, it is their fault.

I'm wondering if this is Jeff, CVC's chairman responding?

If so- your attitude certainly sets the tone for your staffs' poor attitudes. CVC makes their customers feel as if their business is not important to them. I guess if the TA is "not making much money" off of us anyway, then why should they provide decent customer service?

Did you ever consider good customer service secures lifetime customers?But I guess that isn't important either- so why exactly is CVC in business at all then?

Culleredo, Galicia, Spain #36408

Trip insurance covers you, not your grandson.

I'm surprised that you expect Cruise Value Center to provide you with credit toward the cost of a future vacation.They probably didn't make much money selling you the RCCL cruise so any credit they give you is money out of their pocket.

It's not their fault that you opted out of taking your cruise.If the trip insurance didn't cover you when you cancelled, then you should be complaining about RCCL instead of CVC.

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson.