filters
Show
City:
Show

I was very happy with Cruise Value Center

I am very surprised to hear complaints regarding Cruise Value Center. We booked 2 cruises with them, each for four couples, and they were completely professional. The cruise specialist I dealt with both times was helpful, patient and knowledgeable. We called her numerous times and she always spent a lot of time with me and any of my friends answering questions and helping us to plan a wonderful cruise vacation. Also, we received tremendous deals on both cruises. I had planned to contact her again in a few months to book our third cruise through them. Happy Cruise Value Customer

Heard they opened a new agency called Crown Cruises....same owners, same management, same issues.

Most Helpful
Review

Cruise Value Center review in Ottawa, Ontario: CVC Are they using a new name?

Just saw that there is a new cruise agency at the same address as CVC. Is this a coincidence? It is called Tracey Scott. I was had by CVC for a currency exchange rate. My cruise was booked and they held the money which ended up costing me an extra $450, my agent said she was working on getting this refunded to me but I never got a reply after my cruise, we were cruising when they went bust. I do ot have the same problem as other people but to have an extra 25% added to your cruise hurts. Just wonder if they have used another name to open again.

if you go to cruisevalue.com it actually forwards you to crown cruise's web site

Lauren

it does hurt paying an extra 25%. they have used another name to open again!

not the names you mentioned - CVC was the common name for Tracy Scott. and they are NOT at the same address. The VP of CVC opened 'crown cruise vacations' and 'crown cruise collection'. if you see Taymatt, LLC, - that's them too.

the owner of CVC and a group of the same agents are there too.

this agency is in princeton, nj and if you deal with anyone there, you are dealing with the same ones that left all those costomers without vacations or money. good luck to you.

Loss

Cruise Value Center review in Los Angeles, California: What a shame

what a shame that cruise value center closed up , we have used them for our cruise vacations for the last ten years and never had a problem. our last cruise was last year. Very sorry to hear how they left alot of customers hanging. But allot of companies are doing that. They go bankrupt and just close there doors. Or simply go out of business and lock up.I would be a little pissed off to if I lost my money.We have had this happen right here in our town, with travel agencies,just closing up and customers losing there deposits.

Feel Free to Contact our travel agency locate in Marlboro/Manalapan area of New Jersey

Call : 732-972-4171

Cruise Value Center review in Cherry Hill, New Jersey: Cruises of Distinction

It was the owners of Cruises of Distinction that took your money they had a real bad habit of charging c/c early and not paying the cruise lines Ronald Smith/Richard Smith Jeff / Paula Kivat The owners live in Michigan and also Jeff and Paula live in New Jersey and I would think that Jeff and Paula still own CVC because Richard and Ronald Smith only acquired it a year ago now how could you take a company to the ground in a year.I hope it all catches up to all of them!! Everyday you read something new about it.

Jeff for sure hasnt taken your money! He loved this company like his baby and he has run this company all these years succesfully.

He had nothing to do with this story.

Its the Smith brothers you should blame. Before they took over, we were doing great.

Review

Information for those affected by Cruise Value Center not sending payment in on time

After booking a cruise and waiting for travel arrangements with unanswered e-mails and telephones calls. I find this on the website. I hope this helps anyone else who may be having troubles. CRUISE VALUE CENTER HAS TEMPORARILY STOPPED TAKING NEW BOOKINGS. HERE IS SOME HELPFUL INFORMATION. 1. Call the Cruise Line to find out the status of your booking. * If they have your deposit and final payment received… then have them send your documents to your home address. * If they have your deposit and you have not been charged for your final payment… then make your final payment to them and have your documents sent to your home address. * If they have your deposit and you have been charged on your credit card but the Cruise Line has not received the final payment… then call your credit card company and “dispute” the charge. You may receive your money back and you can pay the Cruise Line directly. 2. Regarding travel insurance … please contact the insurance company directly. 3. Any financial loss may be covered by your travel insurance… your homeowners insurance… or your credit card insurance. We suggest you contact them. 4. You may contact us by U.S. Mail only. Cruise Value Center 6 Edgeboro Road East Brunswick, NJ 08816 E-Mail and phone calls can not be read or answered.

Dealing with a New Jersey travel agency was the worst financial experience of my life and neither the company or the police or Attorney General for the State were interested at all. Apparently this sort of fraud is routine behaviour in the area. We lost $47,000.

hahah how do u know where ron is staying?? Still waiting for a paycheck thats prob never gonna come

Ron Smith is staying @ 4 Tower Center Blvd.

East Brunswick, NJ 08816

(732) 247-6800‎

tell him we all said hi :grin

View more comments (2)

Cruise value center (David hauser) stole my money

Is there any method of obtaining compensation from the loss of funds (over $50,000) for loss of a Silversea cruise for 50 (Golden Wedding Anniversary) stolen by Cruise Value Center, apart from the 10% deposit paid over to Silversea some time ago. Is this a common practise among US travel agents as we have never heard of it happening in Europe.. We have learned a terrible lesson from trusting such crooks. Any advice that other victims or experts can give us would be greatly appreciated. We are trying to negotiate with Silversea whi should have chased up the final payment, made more then 3 months before thc cruise but it will be very difficult and even more expensive.
Lauren

don't feel too bad for david hauser. he did not lose his job along with 80+ other employees.

he is one of a group of employees who followed the owners to another agency. if you deal with him or anyone at crown cruise vacations then you are dealing with the same ones who left all those customers without vacations or the money they paid.

First let me say I DID NOT steal this persons money. I was strictly an employee (agent) for Cruise Value Center.

I did not have access to any CVC funds. It was an absolute tragedy what Ronald & Richard Smith did in 13 months of ownership to a very successful company.

I was one of the 80+ employees who lost their job due to what the Smith's did. If any one has questions or would like to know the truth they can reach me at 877-283-1114 and my direct extension is 7014.

Did anyone get an email from David H. asking you to book with his new travel agency?

I did and I told him that he's got to be kidding!!! I also told him that he owes me money.

I hope this helps you...

It was posted on the website. If you paid via credit card you may have additional actions such as reversing the charges but you will need to contact the holder of your card to see if it applies. If you paid via check or debit card you may be able to stop payment through your bank as well.

CRUISE VALUE CENTER HAS TEMPORARILY STOPPED TAKING NEW BOOKINGS.

HERE IS SOME HELPFUL INFORMATION.

1. Call the Cruise Line to find out the status of your booking.

2. Regarding travel insurance … please contact the insurance company directly.

4. You may contact us by U.S. Mail only.

6 Edgeboro Road

East Brunswick, NJ 08816

E-Mail and phone calls can not be read or answered.

View more comments (3)
Review
#142083 Review #142083 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Cruise Value Center review: I am yet another skimmed............

We were booked with Carnival thru Cruise Value Center for a cruise 29th December 2008 out of Miami for ten members of my family (two suites, and one stateroom with balcony), back in February 2008. The final payment was due 30th October 2008 but they uplifted it from my American Express account (over $9,000) on 18th October 2008- and of course never handed it over to Carnival. Now Carnival will not honor the price quoted by CVC, which we think quite immoral, since we consider CVC their agents as intermediaries. Although we will no doubt get our payments back from Amexco, its left a very nasty taste in our mouths....... Ronny from Madrid, Spain. Ronny from Madrid, Spain.....

You should be happy you got your money back!!!!!

Review
#141921 Review #141921 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Cruise value center (David hauser) stole my money

I booked a Silversea cruise thru David Hauser and Ros Riley of Cruise Value Center to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. Cruise Value was paid on time and acknowledged this but stole the money instead of passing it to Silversea. I have lost about $60,000 and the cruise. I was told not to deal with the Jeff Kivet travel agency but I still did it. It has ruined our lives. Does anyone have any idea as to whether it is possible under New Jersey law to recover anything from this horrible situation. Silversea have not been helpful although they already had our 10% deposit

donna_branscom@yahoo.com

II know they use paypal as a funds conduit.Your CC dispute should be successful as paypal has a catch fund for incidents like these. Just get to work before everything is gone.

View more comments (3)
Review
#141910 Review #141910 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Cruise Value Center review in Franklin, Massachusetts: Took my money & did not pay RC

I have been using Cruise value for 4 years and never had any trouble. A few days ago I found out that they took my money from my credit card, for my final payment on a Royal Caribbean crusie and never gave the money to RC. Thank Goodness that we realized it in time. I now have to dispute the CC charge and hopefully get my money back. What they have done to my family is not right. We had 7 reservations in the system with them, thank good ness that I wanted to link another reservation to ours for dinner. Thats the only way I found out. My travel agent that I always used e-mailed me and told me that they closed. She is a victim of this closer also yet shehas been so helpful through this process. There has to be something that we can do to this company.

Yes! I went through a number of unanswered phone calls and avoidance..luckily RC was paid and we went on our cruise.

What was appalling was that the "new owner" said I "should understand" that "these things happen." He was a *** to me when I followed up. I had a complimentary weekend given to me that was worthless.

Does anyone know who the "new owner" was in 12/08. I could not believe his attitude

Review

Cruise Value Center review in Guatemala, Guatemala: Cruise Value ruined a special gift

My wife surprised me with a cruise for New Year's. Ever since the booking in May 2008, the customer service has been despicable. No documentation, no e-mail replies until the final "payment" (pick pocketing) was done. We received an e-mail invoice showing payment complete and a phone conversation that promised paper copies of documents. nothing Carnival's service has been lousy, too, as their website has been very user unfriendly and they simply caused the reservation to disappear without notice or explanation. Since neither company answered e-mails, I've been forced to make overseas calls and the only straight forward answer was from Carnival only to tell me to call yet another number because Cruise Value is out of business. I can't start it because I'm overseas, but if any class action law suit is in the works, I hope it is posted so we can join.

sorry to hear about that, even us employees of cruise value, were being screwed, since the smith bros took over the company in 2007 it was going down hill, the way payments we made it was bound to fail. not only that but us employees have not recieved any pay

They pocketed my final payment too! What make it worse is Carnival is now asking me to pay my final payment again + $200 in commission in order to finish the cruise I have paid in full on 9/3/08.

Contact Cruise Value Center Customer Service

142 reviews
2.1
Compare Cruise Value Center vs Cruisemiles

Cruise Value Center is a dishonest business

Cruise Value Center charged me $1256.44 and now are dancing around in refunding my money on a cancelled cruise. They offer little customer support with that *** New Jersey attitude. Nobody returns calls or e-mails and when you do get a hold of someone they offer no help. The Sopranos have been cancelled so why can"t this turkey of a travel agency be cancelled. When you book with this unreputable the cruise line will not help you but refer you back to Cruise no-Value Center. I will press on to get my credits but can just stay away.

Call : 732-972-4171

hate to tell ya, but there is no cruise value center anymore.. the company has gone to *** and is no more, good luck on the refund,, it'll be a while